Welcome!

Hi there, welcome to my blog, please read my posts and let me know what you think of them; good or bad. Actually, I'd prefer it if it was just good please. Thanks, Grace x

Monday 24 January 2011

a love poem

This is all I have,
but of all of me you can be sure;
every imperfect: fractured: inch
is yours.
          I am yours.
I offer me up
for your oft sought, rarely achieved approval.
(bearing in mind any you may wish to remove
may remove all in the removal)
          Such as I am, I am yours.
I cannot give more.
I would, I would if I could,
but I can't, and, knowing us,
I don't know that I should.
          As far as I can, I am yours.
I am not like the others.
I cannot ooze unctuous charm like some,
nor am I abrasively brilliant like the few,
and my many facets are not always welcome.
          But I am yours.
As far as you can stand it, I am yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment